MathGameTime has reviewed all the top math apps for kids and created this Top 10 list. These educational apps test skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, telling time, counting, algebra and more!
Check out these great math games and applications for the iPad and iPhone:
1. Math Monkey – Math Monkey is an educational Angry Birds for kids. It teaches kids valuable math skills while they’re immersed in a safe world. Children have so much fun they don’t even realize they’re practicing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. This is the perfect game for kids, parents and teachers! Age: 6 years and up $2.99
2. Grover’s Number Special - In Sesame Street’s 1st app, Grover is a waiter serving up lots of fun. Kids make meals by counting ingredients, then catch the ingredients by sliding the iPhone back and forth. Parents may want to turn off the sound as Grover sometimes can talk too much. Age: 2 years and up. $2.99.
3. Cute Math – In this game kids get to count adorable baby animals. Using addition and subtraction kids tally up the sweet little creatures throughout this app. The game’s skill level is especially suited to teach math to young kids. Age: 3 years and up. $1.99.
4. Coin Math - This fun matching game involving money helps kids become familiar with U.S. coins and their values. They sort the coins into piggy banks and then add up the correct amount of change to buy a snack or toy. Age: 6-8 years and up. $1.99.
5. Silly Numbers – Fun math game for kids to practice counting. Each number’s animation and saying adds to the experience. From 1 Tasty Pie to 12 Delicious Donuts to 8 Fabulous Hats and so on. This app puts a silly spin on counting. Age: 2 years and up. $3.99.
6. Pattern Recognition - This app features rows of colored shapes in sequences, which kids have to identify and complete. The game has different versions based on your child’s age and grade level. Age: 4 years and up. 99 cents.
7. Mimi the Counting Monkey – What monkey wouldn’t want to know how many bananas it had. In this counting game, use simple bananas to solve more complex math problems. Age: 3-6 years and up. 99 cents.
8. PopMath Lite - In this math app students pop floating bubbles with the answers to the simple math equations. Kids will love solving each equation and popping it and its answer in quick succession. Winner of the iPhoneFootPrint Excellence Awards in Education. Ages 7 years and up. Free
9. Dotty Shapes – Connect the numbers in numerical order to create shapes in this math game. Counting is fun with this app. Age: 2 years and up. 99 cents.
10. Math Bingo – The object of Math Bingo is to get a pattern of five Bingo Bugs in a row by correctly answering math problems. Math problems are presented at the top of the game screen. Feedback is presented at the bottom of the game screen.